Our reception and reservations team office hours are from 15:00 to 23:00. We are unable to offer earlier check-ins before that time. Check-ins after 23:00 are only possible if pre-arranged, please contact the hotel.
Victoria Square Hotel has been working to reimagine everything that we offer, making certain that it can be offered to you with exceptional service, but most importantly, safely.
We are delighted to be able to tell you that we’re ready. We still won’t rest though, as we are closely monitoring the COVID 19 situation and any developments in the Government’s guidance. This will continue well past our opening and we promise to continue to do all that we can, assuring you that we are and will remain COVID-19 secure.
After almost twelve weeks of care and attention, our we are looking forward to welcoming you back from 4th July 2020.
Until then, we know that you may have questions about what to expect at the hotel, so here's a bit more about what we’re planning.
As our guests will know and expect, quality service, exceptional housekeeping, hygiene and safety have always been amongst our values at The Victoria Square Hotel, and delivering these consistently is set in our nature.
We can confirm that we have complied with the ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
Due to the developing nature of the situation and guidance, our procedures and operations will be continuously reviewed and promptly updated when required. The information that we are sharing with you about how we will operate may therefore be subject to review and change without notice.
We politely request the support and assistance of our valued guests in this newly changed environment, so that together we manage the COVID-19 health crisis and ensure that The Victoria Square Hotel continues to provide a welcome retreat, where our guests and team can feel comfortable and safe.
If in the unfortunate event, you or your household experience COVID-19 symptoms such as a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change to your sense of taste and smell, we must ask that you follow the Government advice, remain at home, and contact us to allow your stay to be rescheduled.
We further ask that any guest who has arrived in the UK from Overseas within the 14 days prior to their arrival at our hotel contact us in advance of travelling to the hotel, to discuss their reservation.
OUR TEAM & THEIR TRAINING
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell, and must follow official guidance on self-isolating as required.
- We teach all team members to follow a clinical standard handwashing routine from day one, and always have done. All of our staff completed training in COVID-19 Risk Awareness.
- Our commitment to investing in the best training continues. Key department managers have certified qualifications in Food Safety Management and various other safety disciplines.
- We have developed specific COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection protocols which will be followed by all of our team.
- You can be confident that we hold ourselves to the same top cleanliness standards back of house as we do in our guest spaces, and we’ve taken steps to ensure that our employees observe social distancing too.
- We have considered the unfortunate but possible eventuality that a guest at our hotel could experience symptoms of COVID-19. We can confirm that we have implemented clear, documented procedures that will be followed in that situation, to protect the wellbeing of other guests and our team.
- We politely ask that any guests who are required to undertake self-isolation, household isolation or overseas travel related isolation remain at home in line with the Government advice, and contact us to rearrange their stay.
- We will ask that all guests observe the social distancing requirements at all times and you will notice some reminders to do so, placed around the hotel.
- Where convenient, guests are invited to use the bathroom facilities in their bedroom rather than public facilities, to limit demand placed on these facilities.
- As we will be removing our guest directories from bedrooms, we will provide any pertinent information in a welcome letter to you. Our reception team will remain on hand by telephone for any and all queries.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands upon returning to their bedroom. If at any time you require additional amenities, please contact reception.
- To help us avoid the unnecessary handling of cash, we will invite all guests to utilise room charges during their stay and to make payment by card wherever possible.
- Any handling of your luggage or belongings by our staff will be subject to enhanced procedures.
- We may contact some guests in advance of arrival to obtain check-in information and we will prepare as much as possible in advance of your arrival, in order to reduce the time spent completing check-in at the hotel reception.
- Some service points have protective screens in place.
- We proudly hold a 5-star food hygiene rating, so you can be confident that cleanliness, hygiene and safe food and drink handling have always been high on our agenda.
- We have completed a complete review of our Food Safety Management Systems during closure to ensure that they fully incorporate the required COVID-19 prevention controls.
- All public areas, including the bars and restaurant space have been thoughtfully rearranged with furniture spaces to allow proper distancing.
- Meeting, function and event spaces have been reviewed, giving thought to issues such as how layouts can be amended to allow proper social distancing. We will consult over each event on a case-by-case basis where we feel that significant changes are required to the order of the day, do agree how we can still deliver the event to your requirements.
- Unnecessary soft furnishings have been removed, and anything that remains will be included in our enhanced cleaning and disinfection programme at appropriate frequencies.
- We’ve identified the most suitable coronavirus-effective cleaning products, and will use these in our hotel.
- We have designed a comprehensive enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedure and guide which individually covers all areas of our hotel.
- Staffing levels will be set to ensure that public spaces can be continuously cleaned and disinfected throughout the day, in line with our enhanced cleaning programme.
- Until further notice breakfast will be served to the bedroom. Dinner service wil not be provided at the this stage. We’ve removed all tray charges from our in-room dining, where available, so that you can enjoy additional privacy and comfort, at no extra cost. Room service will be to the bedroom door only.
- We've given thought to every step of your journey from arrival and check-in, to housekeeping and room service to ensure that even whilst keeping their distance, our team can look after you with our usual warm hospitality.
- We promise that our experienced housekeepers will have taken care and time to ensure that your bedroom has been meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected, following a detailed disinfection procedure and ensuring extra attention to high-touch areas, such as TV remotes, taps and telephones.
- We have removed any non-essential items in your bedroom, this includes items such as decorative cushions, throws and magazines.
- Where tea and coffee facilities are present, these will of course be properly cleaned and disinfected between arrivals.
- For stayovers we will provide our housekeeping services on request, just let us know when you arrive. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels and amenities to your door as you wish.
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, there may be some limitations to the facilities available at the hotel.
Dining & Drinking
- All public areas, including bar and restaurant space have been thoughtfully rearranged with furniture spaces to allow proper distancing.
- Depending on the service, menus will be either be single use or properly disinfected between each and every use.
- Breakfast buffet has been temporarily removed and we will be offering the option of pre-arranged reserved seating, room service, or take-away breakfast, subject to availability. Tray charge has been removed. Room service will be to the bedroom door only.
- Our bar will primarily offer table service.
The Victoria Square Hotel is spread across two gracious Grade II listed buildings situated on a Georgian square in the most sought-after area of Bristol. Join us to experience authentic hospitality in a unique destination.
Clifton Village is home to period architecture combining ornate terraces, luscious gardens, and vibrant streets lined with boutique shops and cafés. Whether you like outdoor activities or you lean towards fashion and food trends, Clifton has just the thing for your individual taste. Located near Brunel's iconic Suspension Bridge and Bristol Zoo, just a couple of minutes drive from the centre and with excellent links to Bristol Temple Meads Train Station and Bristol Airport, we are ideal for both business and leisure.
Ranging from intimate to spacious and superior, our 41 bedrooms showcase the timeless Victorian elegance of high ceilings and expansive sash windows, most of which enjoy leafy outlooks. We offer home-away-from-home comforts including free Wi-Fi access and tea and coffee making facilities
Due to the nature of the building there is no lift at the hotel. If you require a room on a lower floor, please request this at the time of booking.
We have a first come, first served car park with limited spaces. Parking is charged at £6 per day. Free parking is available on Sundays and bank holidays only.